Send to Kindle for PC, Windows
MS Window operating system has already proved its power in the world of technology. All big brands from operating system world engender their devices or technology to make it compatible with windows. One may skip or ignore association with windows but this way they are bound to lose a big chunk of the market.
Recently even Amazon’s Kindle has announced a new windows application to make its Kindle get easily connected to PC running on Windows OS. After all, every business house looks forward to growth and rises in profit graph.
The latest introduced windows application by Amazon is “Send to Kindle” for Windows PCs. This basically makes you authorize to send your personal documents from your PC to your Kindle device.
Previously it was not that easy (although was not even impossible) to transfer your PC’s documents to your Kindle device but with the emergence of this feature, the file transfer has become fingertips play.
How to Download “Send to Kindle” for windows 10 app?
This window application can transfer files, data, and documents from your PC to any connected Kindle device. It has made users able to synchronize and view windows files via their Kindle devices.
“Send to kindle for PC” supports .DOC, .DOCX, .TXT, .RTF, .JPEG, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, .BMP and PDF formats. The ‘sent’ files/documents are protected in the cloud along with other e-books.
“Send to Kindle for Windows 10” is a very simple interface application and has the ability to send/ transfer files over Wi-Fi and data pack. Because the files are saved over the cloud, it makes its access easy & handy later on. It really has speedy delivery of files.
Let’s see the step by step guide to downloading of “Send to File” window app:
- Go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/pc
- Download the application for your PC
- Upon completion of the downloading process, you will get to see on screen installation instruction.
- Follow the instruction and complete the installation part
- Once the app is downloaded & installed you will be asked for registration with your Amazon’s account.
- Fill in your log-in credentials and click on the ‘Register’ button to complete the registration process.
This is one-time process only, once you successfully register your Amazon account, you never need to enter your login details in future while using “Send to Kindle for windows” app.
The one-time registration process synchronizes your Amazon account for instant & easy transfer of your files from your pc to Kindle device along with providing a complete support to Kindle reading applications, and your Kindle Library.
“Send to Kindle” For PC
Earlier, emailing document from your Pc to personalized kindle email address was the prime option for transferring files from your Pc to your Kindle device or you could use a USB cable to connect both the devices & transfer files.
The “Send to Kindle for PC” app will make sending your documents even effortless by allowing you to simply working with few clicks on the Windows Explorer.
With this “Send to Kindle” program, you have got 2 options for sending files from your Pc to kindle
1) Send to Kindle from Windows Explorer
2) Send to kindle from a print dialog
Following let’s see how these actually work:
1) Send to Kindle from Windows Explorer
Step 1: In Windows Explorer, simply right-click on the document you want to “send to Kindle for PC”.
2: Select “Send to Kindle.” If you need to transfer more documents at a time, simple first selected them by mouse or clicking the ctrl button, after all, files get selected then proceed with right click and choose “Send to Kindle” option.
3: Next, a “Send to Kindle” for windows will pop up, select your delivery options
4: Click on the “Send” button.
2) Send to Kindle From a Print Dialog
Step 1: Within any Windows program, choose “Print,”
2: Then select “Send to Kindle” as your printer.
3: A “Send to Kindle” for window pop up will display.
4: Choose your delivery options.
5: Click “Send” button.
In both cases, once you will be done with sending files to Kindle from your end, you need to check your Kindle for the transferred document after few minutes, the transferred files will show up automatically, and if they don’t you need to check the synchronization of your Kindle with windows PC.
System Requirements for “Send to Kindle for PC” app
- A PC with a 500MHz Intel/AMD processor or any faster processor.
- 128MB of RAM
- 100MB of free disk space
- Windows XP/Vista or Windows 7/8
Few more engaging facts about “Send to Kindle”
- The file types supported by “send to Kindle” add are: .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .pdf.
- Pay attention to file size once before sending it to kindle, any document/file should not exceed 50MB in size.
- “Send to Kindle” app is acclimatized with Kindle devices and Kindle reading apps only.
- Except for PDFs, rest all the document formats (supported by “send to Kindle Windows 10″ app) will be are converted to Kindle format.
- You will have 5GB of storage space if you opt to save your documents with Amazon Cloud.
- Kindle for PC is not compatible with Windows RT-based devices.
- Devices running Windows RT need to use Kindle cloud reader if they wish to continue to use the Kindle for Windows 10 app.
- Amazon will not provide any software updates for the app, in case you currently have installed Kindle for Windows 8 app on your device.
How to upgrade from Kindle for Windows 10, 8 to Kindle for PC”?
In case you are using the Kindle for Windows 8 app on a PC running Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 version, Amazon recommends upgrading to the “Kindle for PC” to recognize outstanding reading experience and up-to-the-minute features.
The Kindle for PC app is known to be regularly updated the recent features are: touch support, multi-color highlighting, improvised search conduct, and ultimate support for textbooks.
“Kindle for PC” is a user-friendly, easy to operate desktop app that is well compatible with any device running on Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1, or Windows 10, send to kindle for MAC.
Following is a step by step guide to upgrade from your Kindle for Windows 10 to Kindle for PC:
- Open your Kindle app.
- Give your affirmation for running Kindle for Windows 8.
After confirmation if your home screen looks like the image shown below, that means you need to upgrade it to “Kindle for PC”, you need to continue with the following steps.
- In case your home screen looks like the image given below, that indicates you are already using Kindle for PC. Terminate the process you need not do anything; you are all set to go!!
- Download the Kindle for PC.
- Double click and open the “Kindle for PC“
- Complete the registration process
- With your Amazon’s login credentials sign into the app.
- You are all set to go!!
Now, you may download any book from your library, all the bookmarks, notes, highlights, and furthest page read which you made in the Kindle for Windows 10 app, now will be available to you in the Kindle for PC app.
That’s all for registration & upgrading from your Kindle for Windows 10 to Kindle for PC but the course doesn’t end here. Deregistering & installing windows Kindle for Windows 8 still needs to be taken care of.
So the next 2 important steps for completing the Upgrading from Kindle for Windows 10 to Kindle for PC process are: Deregister your Kindle for Windows 10 app & Uninstall Kindle for Windows 8. Let us investigate this one by one.
Deregister your Kindle for Windows 10 app
- Open the Charms bar
- You may hover your mouse to the upper or lower right corner of the visible screen or simply swipe inside from the right of your the screen
- Once the Charms bar is visible select the Settings image
- Select Sign Out.
Uninstall Kindle for Windows 10.
For Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Open the Start screen,
- In the system search bar; search for Kindle,
- Right-click/or long tap “the Kindle for Windows 8” icon
- Select Uninstall.
For Windows 10
- Open the Start menu.
- Select All Apps option.
- Right-click/or a long tap on the “Kindle for Windows 10” icon.
- Select Uninstall.
That’s it! Guys, at first it sounds like a lot of technical steps for setup, but once done believe us, you will be able to send nearly any article/document/file from your PC to your Kindle with only a single click.
You could get files onto your Kindle by e-mailing it to kindle email address or connecting it to your PC through a USB. Undoubtedly sending files to kindle was not impossible even earlier but sending files/documents to kindle was not even this fast & easy. “Send to Kindle for Windows 10” app rocks!!!
Send to Kindle for windows 10, has surely limited the obligation of note-taking services like OneNote and Ever note. But for time being this happy news is for window users only.
For more help and Kindle Device Registration contact @ 877-690-9305.